The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Trimming capacitors

Hi,

There is information in SX1261/2 documentation that trimming capacitors settings will be overwritten by state machine when entering STDBY_XOSC mode.

My question is, how chip behaves when I’m skipping STDBY_XOSC mode by waking-up to STDBY_RC mode and switching directly to TX or RX? Is it going through STDBY_XOSC state under the hood or not?

In such scenario how should I set trimming capacitors? Switch to STDBY_XOSC, set capacitors and start TX/RX, or can I set them in STDBY_RC and they won’t be overwritten when starting TX/RX?

Best regards
Tomasz

Yes, it is.

You need first to set the chip in STDBY_XOSC, then update the trimming capacitors to finally set the chip in Tx or Rx.