The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Sync Word for SX1262

For SX1262, I want to build an application with private proprietary Lora network. I want to have some data communication between two devices.
However, there are only two options for the lora sync word:
Set to 0x3444 for Public Network
Set to 0x1424 for Private Network

It seems it is easy to receive many unwanted signal/data from other people.
Is there any way to change the sync word? Or is there any better way ?
Thank you very much.

You can program the sync word by writing to the registers 0x06C0 to 0x06C7.
It is described in the datasheet on page 89.

This is the sync word for FSK. Do you mean I can change the sync word by setting this register even I use Lora?
Thank you.

Sorry, misread your post.
I haven’t tried it for LoRa but the register map on page 65 suggests that you can customize the sync word also for LoRa (register 0x0740 and 0x0741).

Hello,

We do not recommend you to use LoRa syncwords outside of the 2 defined values in the datasheet.

Thanks.

We recently had the situation where we needed to participate in a private network with a SX1262 using a special, predetermined sync word (0xF1 on SX1276) and did a few experiments to find out which sync words work between the SX1262 and the SX1276. I’m putting the link here, may be this will help somebody in the future: https://blog.classycode.com/lora-sync-word-compatibility-between-sx127x-and-sx126x-460324d1787a

In the old forum, I seem to recall a post from someone at Semtech that a note would soon be published by Semtech outlining the rules for sync word compatibility.

That was maybe 18 months ago …