The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

SX128x DIO2 as RF switch

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the SX128x - is it possible to configure DIO2 for external RF switch control for these transceivers? I’m asking because the SX126x can do it, and the interface of the two seems very similar - but the datasheet for SX128x does not mention that option.

Thanks!

If it is possible then its been kept well secret for several years.

The lack of this option may be why manufacturers that wanted external RF switch control for the SX128X added additional pins to their RF modules to achieve this.

Someone raised an issue about this today against my own LoRa library.

Hi Stuart,

Someone raised an issue about this today against my own LoRa library

Same here, that’s what piqued my interest. And it wouldn’t be the first time something was omitted from SX12xx docs. But unfortunately it looks like the SPI command for SetDIO2AsRfSwitchCtrl (0x9D) from SX126x is already taken on SX128x.

Hello,

No, it is not.

And it is not kept secret :grinning:

Thank you for the reply.

I did assume that it was not possible …