The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

SX1280 SetTxParams and SetSleep

Dear support,
I’ve experienced yet another weirdness of the SetSleep command. It sounds like after a wakeup the TX power setting is lost (can’t check with my setup for the ramp up time).
My scenario is:
1/ Setup all parameters (packet type, modulation params, packet params, tx params,…)
2/ SetSleep
3/ Wakeup
[3bis/ SetTxParams]
4/ fill TX buffer
5/ SetTX

If set TX params (step 3bis) is done, then the RSSI on the receiver is function of the TX power. If TX params is not done (step 3bis) then the RSSI on the receiver is stable, with no variation depending on the SetTxParams value (done during step 1).

The workaround in my case is pretty obvious, perform a SetTxParams after a wakeup and before SetTx.

Could you please confirm the behavior I’m experiencing?
Cheers,

Hi @topaz, I need to check with the block designer if this parameter is kept in retention when entering sleep mode.

Little follow up, any luck in checking those things?
Thanks,
Olivier

This parameter is not kept in retention when entering sleep mode.

Thanks for your confirmation. This should be added to the erratum sheet! To avoid others tripping on the same problem