The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

SX1280 invalid over consumption

Dear all,
I’ve been working on a sample application alterning RX and TX period (TDMA like).
On a sample PCB, powered by USB (with, I assume, sufficient power), then after a while, the consumption traces go haywire.
The current/voltage conversion ratio is 1V = 10mA (I use a 2 ohms sense with a MAX9938 x50 amplifier to have a span fitting my needs, and a Saleae Logic Pro 8 to capture).

The large view, the black shape is the problem:

Closer view, at first only TX periods are hitting ~30mA, and RX periods stay at ~8mA. But after you can see the RX periods reaches the TX consumption levels!

Here is a typical OK consumption RX zoomed period:

Here is a faulty consumption RX zoomed period (I’ve zoomed even more to see the current spikes:

The TX is also affected, here is a clean OK consumption TX period:

And the corresponding faulty TX consumption zoomed period:

Strangely enough, the problem is only transient, but repeats itself. Therefore I guess there is a hardware or IO sequence problem. Has anyone encountered this behavior?

Edit: the spikes within the RX/TX faulty period has a 22644 Hz frequency. The modulation is SF8, BW=800KHz, CR=4/5, frequency is FHSS, and many channels are impacted, regulator is always SMPS+LDO.

BR

Anyone @semtech to look into this issue?