The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Protocol over lora (gateway-to-gateway)

Good day!
Whether prompt there is an opportunity to force two gateways to exchange data? My task is to provide data transmission over a very long distance at sea. I have two mikrotik r11e_lrora8 gateways assembled on the design of SX1308P LoRa® Picocell Gateway V1.0. I don’t need to use the LoraWan protocol, I’m interested in the possibility of implementing my own protocol on top of Lora without using picoGW_packet_forwarder. As far as I understand, LaraWan gateway sends downstream acknowledgment packets to end devices, so the other base station must hear this message at the lora PHY level.
So far, I have only managed to make a standard LoraWan packet forwarding network to a TTN server. Can someone provide a link to an example?
Can I implement my non LoraWan protocol and get the same result as here (Modbus RTU transparent over LoRa to LoRa), but only using my SX1308 controller?

Sorry for my google translate!