The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

OTAA vs ABP activation

Hello,
I’m using OTAA on my application but I’m not sure if after the initial successful joining there might be a situation where I’ll need to re-join, and if so how I can tell that this is the case?
What are the possible scenarios where the activation on the LNS of a device is removed? if at all?
That is, does a single successful join on the beginning of the device life is enough or it might be needed to preform a join again sometimes, and if so, how can I know I need to do it?
Thanks