The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

LoRa calculator - Online and standalone

Semtech provides a “LoRa Calculator” to get different useful values such the Time on Air or power consumption. This software used to be standalone (.exe) and there is now a on-line version here : https://lora-developers.semtech.com/build/tools/calculator . For educational purposes, I’m only interested in the Time on Air.

When using the SX1261 transceiver, the “LoRa calculator” got this answer for this specific configuration:

The Time on Air and the symbol time are correct, however the total length is incorrect as 37,25 x1,024 doesn’t match with 46,33 ms. Whatever the parameters, the “total length” value is always 8 less than it should be. So first question: why?

Now, I want to try the online version, of course with the same parameters:

And the results are as followed.

Now only the symbol time is correct. The Time on Air and number of symbols are incorrect.

There are too many errors for just being mistakes. So I’m wondering what I’ve missed.

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain

Thanks for the feedback Sylvain…we’re working to address the issues and will hopefully have a newer build of the Calculator out this week.

Thx,
Steve