The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Issue with Direct Downlink Transmission from WM1302 Gateway

Title: Issue with Direct Downlink Transmission from WM1302 Gateway

Hello semtech Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m currently working with the WM1302 gateway and attempting to send downlink packets directly to end nodes without using a network server. I’ve encountered an issue where although the data seems to be transmitted from the module, it’s not being received at the node end.

Details:

• Gateway Model: WM1302
  • Issue Summary: Unable to receive downlink messages on end nodes.
  • Scenario: Attempting to bypass the network server for direct downlink transmission.
  • Observations: The code for transmitting data from the gateway appears to be working without errors.

Questions:

1. Is it technically feasible to send downlink messages directly from the gateway without using a network server?
  2. Are there specific considerations or configurations that need to be addressed for direct downlink transmission?
  3. Could security concerns be a factor in the lack of reception on the node end?

I appreciate any insights, guidance, or suggestions the community can provide to help resolve this issue. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards, Stalin T John

I received the data in the gateway (wm1302) after transmitting it from the end node (rak4630).I want to send data back to the end nodes from the gateway; is this possible using Lora wan communication? I have a code for transmitting data over a gateway. Will be attached this to.
https://github.com/will127534/SX1302_Arduino_Library/tree/main/examples/test_loragw_tx