The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Is there a sniffer for Lora?

Hi,
I am looking for a LORA sniffer/ a device which can able to check the reliability of communication happening between two devices. Are there any devices that are available in the market for my application?

I am looking for a product which can be used to validate LORA module in production.

1 Like

Hi @raj.ashok.ak - I’m not aware of a specific product to do that.

You can first check the output power in test mode to see if something is broken on the PCB, for instance. Then, it is also possible, still in test mode, to send packet and have a device configured to receive those packets on the production line.

If this is still a problem, with a coworker, we’ve succeeded in sniffing LoRa communication using an SDR and a software capture software. no need for high throughput with low bitrate, the diagonal are really distinguishable.
Here is what to expect:

There has been an article of some guys reversing the encoding to read directly from the capture, but it was too far fetched for me.
Cheers