The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

I want to communicate with LoRa without LoRaWAN

Hello,
I am an undergraduate student and I need help, so I am leaving this question. Please understand that I am asking questions without knowing the details of LoRa.

I have tried LoRa communication with feather M0 LoRa modules, but what I want is to receive multiple values simultaneously. So, I chose SX1301 and purchased RAK2245, and I am using it connected to Raspberry Pi 3B+. My goal is to receive the data values of three feather M0 LoRa modules only by LoRa communication, which is a physical layer, without using LoRaWAN on Raspberry Pi connected to RAK2245.

My question is, are there any information or documents that I need to acquire first? Are there any widely used and easy-to-use libraries available?

Thank you for listening.

Hello,

I’m a student as well, attempting something similar using a RFM95W and a Milesight UG65 gateway.
Have you made any headway with your idea or have you found more information regarding this topic?

Cheers

Hello,
For gateways developed by Milesight and RAK Wireless, we recommend using their own resources and libraries.

For our reference designs, you may notice more information readily available for our current reference designs, SX1302/3. However, SX1301 has resources in the Software Distribution Center. It includes the classic SX1301 HAL and packet forwarder, with some documentation on the github page for operating our reference design with a Raspberry Pi. It is also listed to be supported by LoRa Basics Modem, which is Semtech’s current solution for firmware development on many different products and MCUs.