The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

DLMS Lorawan Implementation(data transmission protocol) guide

Hello,
I am interested in DLMS over Lorawan, but as DLMS have larger payloads and require more uplinks, dutycycles etc. So I want to know the DLMS over protocol data transmission structure.

Please guide me regarding DLMS over Lorawan protocol.

ThankYou

Dear,

Please find more information in DLMS blue books/green books, but in a nutshell:
SCHC-RFC9011 needs to be used in between DLMS and LoRaWAN layer, this SCHC protocol is handling segmentation & reassembly as well as header compression to avoid transporting unnecessary bytes. The stack is then:

(Device application)                                            (Servers)
   DLMS Layer                                                 DLMS Head & System
   IPv6/UDP                                                       IPv6/UDP
   SCHC                                                             SCHC
   LoRaWAN        <-------------------------->                    LoRaWAN