The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Class B switch procedure

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a document that accurately describes the procedure followed by a wireless device and the network when switching from Class A to Class B ?

The obvious action as given in the example applications is the LmHandlerRequestClass( LORAWAN_DEFAULT_CLASS ) function (where LORAWAN_DEFAULT_CLASS was set to Class B). This initiates a procedure comprising a few mandatory steps, like a DeviceTimeReq/DeviceTimeAns, PingSlotChannelReq/PingSlotChannelAns, actual BEACON reception and PingSlotInfoReq/PingSlotInfoAns. But on some occasions the procedure gets stuck in an erroneous condition.

I’ve noticed it is necessary to send a few uplinks to trigger the various network responses, but sometimes I get stuck in an everlasting BUSY BEACON RESERVED TIME (I use a random uplink interval of 30 to 60 seconds). So, what is the official ‘way to go’? Does one have to use an uplink interval greater than the BEACON_Interval (128s), or is the locked BUSY BEACON RESERVED TIME a bug? I also tried restarting the uplink interval every time the LmHandlerCallback OnBeaconStatusChange returned a status LORAMAC_HANDLER_BEACON_NRX, but this did not solve the problem.

If someone knows the answer, please enlighten me. Thanks in advance !

Peter

PHP_exif_system