The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

BANDWIDTH setting

Hi, I’ve been testing lora with 2 raspberry pi.

One of them is using pisupply HAT with a rak2247 module on it - using it as a gateway. The second one is using pisupply HAT with rak811 (there is semtech sx 1276 inside). The software I’ve been running on a gateway is chirpstack. The one problem that I’ve run into is not being able to transmit with bandwidth other than 125Khz (there is no command to set that - the only option is to set p2p type of communication but I need to use Lorawan). For test I’d like to send with SF=7 and BW=250, is it possible to achieve this with my current setup? I’ve read on the semtech documentation that in fact it is possible. Ik that’s a begginer question but I’m stuck on this since last week.

cheers,
Matt

I suggest you look at the chirpstack documentation for where it defines the bandwidths that it will use. These are normally pre-set when the region plan that Chirpstack should use is defined.

Maybe ask in the Chirpstack forum;

https://forum.chirpstack.io/