The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

What is the meaning of data symbols when using CAD

Hello Experts,

Recently, I was preparing to use the CAD feature, but I am a bit confuse when reading the SX1261/2 datasheet, as below:

On the SX1261/2, the channel activity detection mode is designed to detect the presence of a LoRa® preamble or data symbols while the previous generations of products were only able to detect LoRa® preamble symbols

what does mean for data symbols? to expaln more clear, let me give you an example, that is

if the symbols I need to detect is 16 symbols, but the preamble length I configured is 8 symbols

in my understanding, CAD IRQ will be triggered when SX1261/2 detected the symbols until it reaches to 16 bytes, not matter if it preamble or the symbols of other fields. correct?

any updates about it?