The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

SX1302CSS915GW1 SPI errors

Hello,

I recently bought a SX1302CSS915GW1 dev kit to start dabbling in Lora.

I’ve been following through the user guide and everything was going well. However, when I run some of the apps (such as “chip_id”), it will only work in USB and not SPI mode?

Running “./chip_id -d /dev/spidev0.0” returns the following:
CoreCell reset through GPIO4…
SX1261 reset through GPIO4…
CoreCell power enable through GPIO1…
CoreCell ADC reset through GPIO13…
Opening SPI communication interface
Note: chip version is 0x00 (v0.0)
ERROR: Failed to set SX1250_0 in STANDBY_RC mode
ERROR: failed to setup radio 0
ERROR: failed to start the gateway

I’ve ensured SPI & I2C are enabled on the PI board using the “raspi-config” utility. Running the USB version of chip_id works fine.

As you can see above, I’ve also updated pin assignments in the “reset_lgw.sh” script to match what the PI header pins appear to be in the dev board schematic. But nothing has changed.

The “test_loragw_com_sx1250” & “test_loragw_com_sx1261” test cases also fail after the first cycle. Again, running these test apps using USB works fine.

What am I missing here?

I’m actually getting the same error when running the “./test_loragw_hal_tx –u –d /dev/ttyACM0 -k0 -c0 -r1250 -f868.1 -mLORA --pa 1 -l12 --pwid 14 -s7 -b125 -z16 -n10000 -t 100” command to test the HAL TX. And this is supposed to be USB based command??