The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

SX1280 spurious execution failure

Dear supporters,
Once again I’m coming to ask for advices. After trying to pinpoint the very problem I’m facing.

I have sequences of TX/RX/TX/RX or RX/TX/RX/TX or RX only. These sequences happens in TDMA slots.

Sometimes (not always) and I can’t seem to find out why, entering RX or TX from STDBY_RC makes the chip enters status 0x75: MODE_STDBY_XOSC + STATUS_EXECUTION_FAILURE + RFU0 bit.
The 0x75 is the first byte replied on the SPI of the next command sent to the chip (usually a 0xC0, to grab the chip’s status).

For RX (which seem to be the one with the most occurences, I just send two commands 0x82 0x00 0x00 0x00 (enter RX) , then 0xC0 (to check we’ve entered RX).

My setup has 2 boards, one with a 4Mbps SPI, and the other with a 1Mbps SPI, either systems are notifying this execution failure.

Has anyone been facing this issue yet?

Ok folks, this one is on me.

After a bit more digging, I discovered I did a wrong configuration of the RF parameters, hence the execution failure of the RX or TX execution. This was due to an invalid channel selection in my FHSS engine.

As a result, I now know that having an execution failure is the result of an invalid configuration.

Cheers,