The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

[SX1280] Does FLRC_SYNC_NOSYNC work?

Hi,

I am trying to use the SX1280 with FLRC and FLRC_SYNC_NOSYNC, but am not having much luck.

Using the below parameters a tx and rx can connect fine and transmit packets. For completeness the RF parameters are;

FLRC_BR_0_520_BW_0_6
BT_1
FLRC_CR_1_2

BUT when FLRC_SYNC_NOSYNC and RX_DISABLE_SYNC_WORD are used the tx and rx will not connect. The rx does receive packets but with CRC errors as shown in the trace below. Strangly enough reducing the sync word to 24 bits or 16 bits works, but 8 bits or 0 does not :frowning:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jye - github.com/ExpressLRS

Hi @jye.smith,

Thanks for your post. I’ll check this behavior on my setup and come back to you as soon I have an answer.

1 Like

How did you go testing on your setup?