The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

SX126x Implicit Header Mode Timeout Workaround

Hello everyone,

Recently, it was pointed out to me that there is some discrepency in the datasheet for SX1268 (Rev. 1.2).

In section 15.3 Implicit Header Mode Timeout, a workaround to fix an issue with timeout in implicit mode is shown, but there is some confusion as to which register should be actually modified (marked in red):

Sooo … which is it? 0x902 or 0x920? Thanks!

Hi @gromes.jan,

Thanks for your message - there is effectively an error in the datasheet. The register to be used is 0x0902.

You can find a reference implementation of this workaround in the driver (see https://github.com/Lora-net/sx126x_driver/blob/master/src/sx126x.c#L1334).

Thanks - makes sense, but I just wanted to check. Would it be possible to update the datasheet?

I added that to the list of changes.

1 Like