The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

SX1262 (DRF1262T) SPI command issue

Hello,

I’m currently writing a library for the DRF1262T which is the SX1262 radio for STM32F7 chip.
I’m trying to write into and then read into the LoRa Sync Word MSB and LSB registers but I can’t seem to receive the right values.

Also, is 0xA2 feedback normal? I’m always getting that. But in the datasheet there are no status value corresponding to 0xA2.

Here’s my code and here’s what I’m getting on the logic analyzer. I wonder if i missed something.
I started by writing some configuration functions that I put in the main:

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_4, GPIO_PIN_SET);

SetStandby(hspi1, STDBY_RC);
  SetPacketType(hspi1,PACKET_TYPE_LORA);
  GetPacketType(hspi1);
  SetRfFrequency(hspi1,915.0);
  SetPaConfig(hspi1, PA_DUTY_CYCLE_14DBM, HP_MAX_14DBM);
  SetModulationParams(hspi1, SF9, LORA_BW_125, LORA_CR_4_7, LOW_DATA_RATE_OPTIMIZE_ON);
  //SetPacketParams(hspi1, PREAMBLE_LENGHT_15_8, PREAMBLE_LENGTH_7_0, HEADER_TYPE_VARIABLE, PAYLOAD_LENGTH, CRC_ON, STANDARD_IQ_SETUP);
  WriteRegister(hspi1);
  ReadRegister(hspi1); 

Here’s the code implementation details for those functions:

void SetStandby(SPI_HandleTypeDef hspiX, uint8_t StdbyConfig)
{
	while(HAL_GPIO_ReadPin(GPIOF, GPIO_PIN_13) == 1)
	{

}

uint16_t SetStandbySize = 2;
	uint8_t SetStandbyCmd[] = {0x80, StdbyConfig};

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_4, GPIO_PIN_RESET);
	HAL_SPI_Transmit(&hspiX,(uint8_t *)SetStandbyCmd,SetStandbySize,100);

}

void SetPaConfig(SPI_HandleTypeDef hspiX, uint8_t paDutyCycle, uint8_t hpMax)
{

{

}

uint16_t 	SetPaConfigSize = 5;
	uint8_t 	SetPaConfigCmd[] = {0x95, paDutyCycle, hpMax, 0x00, 0x01};
	uint8_t 	SetPaConfigAnswer[5];

HAL_SPI_TransmitReceive(&hspiX,(uint8_t *)SetPaConfigCmd,(uint8_t *)SetPaConfigAnswer,SetPaConfigSize,100);
	//printf("%02x %02x %02x %02x %02x \n\r",SetPaConfigAnswer[0],SetPaConfigAnswer[1],SetPaConfigAnswer[2],SetPaConfigAnswer[3],SetPaConfigAnswer[4]);

}
void SetRxTxFallbackMode();

// Commands to Access the Radio Registers and FIFO Buffer

void WriteRegister(SPI_HandleTypeDef hspiX)
{
	{

}

uint16_t 	SetWriteRegisterSize = 5;
	uint8_t 	WriteRegisterCmd[] = {0x0D, 0x07, 0x40, 0x34, 0x44};
	uint8_t 	WriteRegisterAnswer[5];

HAL_SPI_TransmitReceive(&hspiX,(uint8_t *)WriteRegisterCmd,(uint8_t *)WriteRegisterAnswer,SetWriteRegisterSize,100);

}

void ReadRegister(SPI_HandleTypeDef hspiX){

{

}
	uint16_t 	ReadRegSize = 6;
	uint8_t 	ReadRegCmd[] = {0x1D, 0x07, 0x40, NOP, NOP, NOP};
	uint8_t 	ReadRegAnswer[6];

// SEND COMMAND
	HAL_SPI_TransmitReceive(&hspiX,(uint8_t *)ReadRegCmd,(uint8_t *) ReadRegAnswer, ReadRegSize,100);
	printf("%02x %02x %02x %02x %02x \n\r",ReadRegAnswer[0],ReadRegAnswer[1],ReadRegAnswer[2],ReadRegAnswer[3],ReadRegAnswer[4],ReadRegAnswer[5]);
}

// Commands Controlling the RF and Packets Settings

void SetRfFrequency(SPI_HandleTypeDef hspiX, float RF_frequency)
{
	{

}

uint32_t 	freq = (RF_frequency * pow(2,RADIOLIB_SX126X_DIV_EXPONENT)) / RADIOLIB_SX126X_CRYSTAL_FREQ;

uint16_t 	SetRfFrequencySize = 5;
	uint8_t 	SetRfFrequencyCmd[] = {0x86, (uint8_t)((freq >> 24) & 0xFF), (uint8_t)((freq >> 16) & 0xFF), (uint8_t)((freq >> 8) & 0xFF), (uint8_t)(freq & 0xFF)};

HAL_SPI_Transmit(&hspiX,(uint8_t *)SetRfFrequencyCmd,SetRfFrequencySize,100);

}

void SetPacketType(SPI_HandleTypeDef hspiX, uint8_t PacketType)
{
	{

}

uint16_t 	SetPacketTypeSize = 2;
	uint8_t 	SetPacketTypeCmd[] = {0x8A, PacketType};

HAL_SPI_Transmit(&hspiX,(uint8_t *)SetPacketTypeCmd,SetPacketTypeSize,100);

}
void GetPacketType(SPI_HandleTypeDef hspiX)
{
	{

}

uint16_t 	GetPacketTypeSize = 3;
	uint8_t 	GetPacketTypeCmd[] = {0x11, 0x00, 0x00};
	uint8_t 	GetPacketTypeAnswer[3];

// SEND COMMAND
	HAL_SPI_TransmitReceive(&hspiX,(uint8_t *)GetPacketTypeCmd,(uint8_t *) GetPacketTypeAnswer,GetPacketTypeSize,100);

}

void SetModulationParams(SPI_HandleTypeDef hspiX, uint8_t SpreadingFactor, uint8_t Bandwidth, uint8_t CodingRate, uint8_t LowDataRateOptimization)
{
	{

}

uint16_t 	SetModulationParamsSize = 9;
	uint8_t 	SetModulationParamsCmd[] = {0x8B, SpreadingFactor, Bandwidth, CodingRate, LowDataRateOptimization, NOP, NOP, NOP, NOP};

HAL_SPI_Transmit(&hspiX,(uint8_t *)SetModulationParamsCmd,SetModulationParamsSize,100);

}

void SetPacketParams(SPI_HandleTypeDef hspiX, uint8_t PreambleLength15_8, uint8_t PreambleLength7_0, uint8_t HeaderType, uint8_t PayloadLength, uint8_t CRCType, uint8_t InvertIQ) 
{
	{

}

uint16_t SetPacketParamsSize = 10;
	uint8_t SetPacketParamsCmd[] = {0x8C, PreambleLength15_8, PreambleLength7_0, HeaderType, PayloadLength, CRCType, InvertIQ, NOP, NOP, NOP};

HAL_SPI_Transmit(&hspiX,(uint8_t *)SetPacketParamsCmd,SetPacketParamsSize,100);

}

It was a wiring problem.

Hi, I am faced with the same issue. I am using LLCC68CAS.

Can you please elaborate on which wiring problem you had?

Thanks.

Hi sorry for the late reply.

Well the feedback wasn’t consistent when i sent commands.
When I redid the setup that was using jumper cables it was perfect. It was a spaghetti of cables initially because I had other devices connected to the MCU.
Also if you can use the PCB version of your system its even better because you can hardly get it wrong with PCB traces.

Can you comment on receiving that 0xA2 value though? I am getting a bunch of those and see others with test setup output receiving an 0xA2 for every byte transmitted on the SPI bus. Sorta looks like an ACK but the data sheet does not mention it. My setup looks clean (short wires, scope signals look sharp) but I am not getting anything sensible from the 1262. Also, with MOSI signals going out I get a MISO from the chip back right away - i.e. it responds to the clock immediately rather than waiting until the command word has been received.

Hi sorry for the late reply,

Indeed it is not mentioned on the datasheet. I think it is some sort of automatic reply. But when the radio actually answers it will start with 0xA2 and then the actual relevant values.