The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Sx1231 (rfm69hcw)

My SDR-based spectrum analyzer (SDRSharp) shows a noise floor about -60. Is that the number I should put into RegRssiThresh?

Hi Joe,

Certainly not! this would clamp the sensitivity of your receiver to -60dBm. RssiThreshold shall be set very close to your receiver sensitivity (which depends on front end, BW and BR/Fdev).
What you are measuring is either the noise floor of your SDR receiver (depends on BW also), or some in-band interference/noise where your test is run.

Best regards

How many peaks should I see on my spectrum analyzer? I’m using power up default settings, TX mode and sending 0x00. I’m trying to keep the programming as simple as possible until I understand how to move data from TX to RX. Besides my Fluke meter, I have a scope and an SDR-based spectrum analyzer (sdrSharp).

many peaks

Blockquote

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
import spidev
import time
spi = spidev.SpiDev(0,0)
spi.max_speed_hz = 10000
x = 0x80
i = 1
while True:
rx = spi.xfer([0x01+x,0x0c]) #TX mode
time.sleep(.1) #more delay than needed to change mode