The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added. If you require technical support related to LoRa, please contact our experts here. For sales enquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

STM32WL (SX1262): how to receive packet of unknown length

Hi everyone!

BACKGROUND:
I’m trying to send and receive packets from an STM32WL (SX1262 inside) to existing S2-LP based products and the RF settings (GFSK @ 50 kbps, LEN field, 16-bit CRC, IBM data whitening) can not be changed. Unfortunately the data whitening is incompatible: the SX1262 uses CCITT data whitening. The work around is to send a packet of known fixed length and calculate the 16 bit CRC and data whitening in FW.

To receive a packet, I set the fixed length to the maximum expected (64 bytes). When I get the SYNC word interrupt, I wait for a short delay (160 us) and read the first byte in the RX buffer. This gives me the actual length of the packet (for example 4 bytes).

Is there a way to changed the fixed length “on the fly” so that RX is terminated after 4 bytes are received? Or is the only way to wait for 2560 us and stop RX manually? How do I do this?

Any hints / tips is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Pieter
https://piconomix.com