The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Spreading Factor 5

We are working on a research project with SX1262 chips. The set up is that we have multiple SX1262 chips transmitting and own SDR based receiver as a central control. While using this setup for SF 7 the things work fine and as desired but for SF 5 we are unable to decode the signals using own custom software. Can someone guide as to what changes to whitening sequence or interleaver for SF 5 needs to be done vis a vis SF 7 so as to carry out proper demodulation and decoding. Any literature on this??

I can’t speak to whitening, but this may be the same on SF7 as SF5 – I don’t know.

The main difference will be that symbols are 5 bits instead of 7 bits, so the gray coding will be on 5 bits and the interleaving will be on blocks of 5 bits * (4 + CR). There are articles about LoRa symbol grouping & interleaving, but not from Semtech. The internet has them.

Otherwise, you can poll registers 0x749:0x74A to get the raw symbol bits. This is unofficial information. I do not work for Semtech, and they will definitely not support you on this. But this is the best way to reverse engineer any LoRa encoding on the SX126x.