The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Missed packets in FSK packet mode

Hi all,

I’m writing a library that will support both LoRa and FSK modes. I wrote small test that will send several packets in FSK packet mode and receive it on the other end. However receiver gets only 2 out of 3 packets. When I put ~50ms delay between packets on the transmitter side, all packets successfully received by the receiver.

Transmitter works fine, here is spectrogram:

On it there is a clear preamble, small packet, crc, preamble, bigger packet (63 bytes), crc, preamble and start of the biggest packet. Everything is transmitted one after another.

So I suspect something to do with RX synchroniser, that can’t get the lock.

I tried:

• Call manual RX restart via RestartRxWithoutPllLock
  • Set up AutoRestartRxMode = 01, InterPacketRxDelay = 0 (default) to avoid additional delays in the chain.
  • Disable AfcAutoOn=0
  • Set RestartRxOnCollision=0

Nothing worked.

Is there any hidden latency on the receiver side? Is there a minimum delay between packets in FSK packet mode? Any other ideas?