The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRaĀ® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Maximum voltages on SX127X IO pins

The SX127X devices have a maximum stated supply voltge of 3.9V.

But there is no maximum voltage given for the IO pins, SCK, MOSI, MISO etc.

There does seem to be an assumption by some users of the devices that the IO pins are 5V tolerant, but I cannot find a reference to this in the datasheet.

So what is the maximum allowed voltage on the SX127X IO pins ?

Hi,

Absolute maximum VDD I/O for the S127x family is also 3.9V, the chip is not 5V tolerant

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Did you mean ā€œthe chip not 5V tolerantā€

Right, sorry :slight_smile: I updated my answer

Thanks again for the reply.

If you anyone is daft enough to connect a LoRa device (RFM9x for instance) to a 5V processor (Arduino UNO for instance) the 5V outputs from the processor will raise the LoRa device VCC to circa 4.2V via phantom powering from the IO pins, which does exceed the absolute max 3.9V VCC allowed.