The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

LR1110 firmware update issues

Unfortunately, at the time we created our prototype with LR1110 we did not know the firmware update requirements. Our host MCU (STM32L071) has only 192K memory and the only way this would work according to the manual is to use MCU as a bridge to receive firmware in chunks and get it into LR1110. Well, we haven’t prepared anything for this either, so all I have to deal with now is SWD interface with MCU.

I was hoping that I could run firmware upgrade in two runs:

• Use the first executable with the first half of LR1110 firmware, erase the chip, flash the first half of LR1110 firmware;
  • Load the second executable with the second half of LR1110 firmware, ensure the offset is right and flash it.

Tried that and LR1110 stays in the bootloader mode indicating the firmware update didn’t go well. Is this approach right? I’d think it is as it would have to support over-the-air updates later so I should be able to flash a random chunk of LR1110 firmware.

Any help will be much appreciated!

If anyone is interested this getting discussed here:
https://github.com/Lora-net/lr1110_updater_tool/issues/1