The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Lora remote control

We have a project that i think Lora would be suitable for. Sorry about the long winded description

I want a simple remote control system to turn on some relays. The system will be used with a transmit distance of up to 200m in steep rocky terrain and forest, with no line of sight.

The system will consist of 3 handheld transmitters, and 2 receivers (would be great if I only needed 1 receiver, but as far as i can tell, I will need 2)

Let’s call the transmitters T1, T2 and T3, and the receivers R1 and R2.

When a button is pressed on T1, R1 will turn on relay 1. Once the button is released, the relay will turn off

When a button is pressed on T2, R2 will turn on relay 2. Once the button is released, the relay will turn off

When a button is pressed on T3, R1 will turn on relay 3. The relay will stay on until the button is pressed again.

T1 and T2 need to be able to transmit simultaneously without interfering with each other.

T3 will only ever be used by itself.

I would like to have a delay of 0.5s or less from when the button is pressed, to when the relay turns on or off, but 1s would be acceptable if necessary.

I was thinking that if I run T1 and T2 with different spreading factors, then that should stop interference.

Am I likely to need an external antenna to get the range I am chasing, or will a board mounted pig tail antenna suffice?

There seems to be a lot of different libraries to implement lora. Which one would be best suited to this project?

Also, would an arduino be the best board to use, or is there a better alternative?

Thanks