The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

LoRa peer to peer

Good day

I am a bit of a newbie and want to use LoRa in a peer to peer configuration.

Is there any restrictions I should be aware of? Are they the same as LoRaWan?

How often can I transmit in peer to peer?
SyncWord range?

That sort of stuff.

Thanks for the help.
I don’t want to cause any issues.

Regards

Should I assume there is none?

No doubt Semtech will reply in due course.

However, the question about ‘How often can I transmit in peer to peer’ is not really a LoRa specific question.

The rules on how often you can transmit RF devices vary considerably, depending on the frequencies and where you are in the World. You really need to check the regulations that apply to your country.

Hi @igor.jeri,

Concerning the limitations, they are mostly related to the regulations mentioned by @stuart.

We strongly suggest you to use the LoRa syncword defined as “private” in the datasheets so interferences with existing public LoRaWAN network will be limited.

Thanks.