The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRaĀ® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Factors affecting Rx delay

Dear community,
I want a minimum Rx delay for my application. To my understanding, the SF of the receive (RX1 and RX2) windows, the distance between the end device and the gateway, and gateway-to-network server connectivity (GSM/Ethernet) should be taken into account while configuring the Rx delay. Are there any additional factors we should consider when setting the Rx delay? What are the benefits and drawbacks of extending or shortening the Rx delay?

Thanks

Is this possibly a TTN application ?

If so there is a specific forum for TTN support;

1 Like

I appreciate your response. As suggested, Iā€™ll ask the TTN forum for help. I still have a question about LoRaWAN. Consider the scenario when a network server wants to send a MAC command or acknowledgement while an application wants to send a downlink payload at the same time. Will the downlink payload and the MAC command/acknowledgement be included in the same packet?