The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Confirm connection to sx1262

I’d like to confirm that the SPI connection from the processor to the module is in place (connectors can fall out). Ideally there would be a way to read a device ID for confirmation.

The best option appears to be reading back a register; maybe reading 8-bits from LoRa sync word 0x740 as that has a specific reset value 0x14 (or to verify set value).

Is there a command or register that I’ve missed?

Looking at the Get… commands, GetStatus looks like might be enough, checking for STBY_XOSC or FS though that takes time to reach. I’d prefer a quick command/response for simplicity.

GetRxBufferStatus won’t apply.
GetPacketStatus doesn’t have a specific value to check for.
GetRssiInst allso doesn’t have a specific value to check.
GetStats would just be zero at the outset.
GetDeviceErrors should be zero unless there is an error.

You can read the register SX126X_REG_XTATRIM (0x0911) when the chip is in standby RC mode - i.e. just after a reset.

The value should be 0x05 (see §4.1.3 XTAL Control Block)

Or just read the value from one of the Sync word registers, save it, write a new value, read back the value to check its changed to the value just written, and then put the original value back.