The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

Cannot set 1262 LoRa sync word

Hi,

I am trying to change the power-up default private-network sync word value 0x1424 to public (0x3444), but Ithe value I read back from registers 0x0740-0x0741 is 0xFFFF (sometimes 0xFCFF). Stackforce code works well though (I verified the new value), so it must be somethiong with the timming or the state of SX1262 during regWrite. To reproduce the problem, try to write value 0x3444 right after RESET and then read it back.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi @apelekoudas,

To reproduce the problem, try to write value 0x3444 right after RESET and then read it back.

Do you check that the BUSY line is low before you write or read this register?

FYI, this value can be changed anytime.

Yes, I am using the usual SX126xWriteRegister() and SX126xReadRegister() functions, that check BUSY line before accessing SPI. Strange indeed…

Is there any chance you can share some traces? It would help a lot to see the actual signals (SPI, BUSY at least).

It turned out to be a bug in SPI write routine.

Thank you for your response!

Thanks for sharing. Do not hesitate to create another topic if you have an issue!