The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

About the Semtech Transceivers category

Ask questions, seek support and collaborate with other developers.

Topic: SX1276 vs. SX1278
Hi,

Is there any other difference (except following points) between transceivers “SX1276” and “SX1278” from “hardware design” point of view? i.e., can I use the same hardware (especially TX and RX designs) assuming that frequency range of target is supported by both chip variants (only low frequency band is used)? Should I consider any difference in the software side when communicating with the mater MCU used in the device under development?

I understand that:

1. SX1276 supports 137 - 1020 MHz frequency range, while SX1278 supports 137 - 525 MHz range.
  2. Pins 21 and 22 in SX1276 are aimed at high frequency band, while pins 21 and 22 are ground pins in SX1278.

Any answer, comment, or hint would be very appreciated.
With best regards,
Meysam