The LoRa Developer Forum is now in read-only mode and new content will not be added.
Semtech, in its commitment to enhance user experience and streamline content, has successfully integrated the LoRa Developer Portal content into Semtech.com. As a result of this consolidation effort, the LoRa® Developer Portal Forum will be discontinued on May 1st. After this date, you will be automatically redirected to Semtech.com.
For any technical support related to LoRa, please feel free to reach out to our experts here. If you have sales inquiries, please contact us here.

FORUM

A strange ranging test with 1280

Hello,

I am doing the ranging test of 1280 and I find a strange phenomenon. I use a Master and a Slave to do the experiments. But when I shut down the Slave, only left Master powered on, I can still get ranging results occasionally,maybe once for several seconds. How could this happen?

Thank you
Best regards
Sun Dayang

Hi Sun.

What do you mean by “still get ranging results”. Do you mean from the slave? Being shut down?
If you get those results from the master, I need more details about what do they exchange, so that the master can estimate the range.

Regards,

I dont know where the ranging results are from. In fact in my experiment, only one 1280 master node is working. When I powered on the Master and the Slave, I can get the ranging results, but when I shut down the Slave, the output from the Master stopped for several seconds and then output a result.

Regards,